We were hit hard by the flu here. Fevers, croup (it sounded like we had some barking seals in the house), sore throats, ear aches, runny noses, stuffed noses, chapped skin, sinus infections, headaches, chills, coughs, throwing up, sleep troubles…it has been loads of fun. I’ve been so tired, I’ve spoken nonsense at times lol.
We had to steam the kids, take them out in the cold air, give prescription meds, put Vicks on feet and chests, drink loads of tea, drink plenty of water, eat an immune boosting soup, take honey and lemon mixture, get lots of rest, pray, spend nights sitting up, spend days snuggling sick little ones - it’s been exhausting.
Are we done yet? Not quite. In fact, I’d love to crawl in bed as my ears and throat hurt right now, but I’ve missed blogging and figured I should let everyone know what’s up. Most of the kids are back to healthy. Hubby and I seem to be bring up the tail end of this fun round of the flu.
I will say this - there was a drastic improvement when I kicked the natural remedies into full gear. I’ll share some of what I did for a works for me Wednesday post soon over on a dash of sassitude.
Not only have I dealt with the flu, but I'm also getting a huge amount of spam. I've had to disable the comments for now, so you will have to leave your comment over on the tag board for now.
I'm working on a whole new look for My Meandering Mind, so stay tuned.
This is a sticky note. Scroll down for current post.
I had a blast writing these and entering, but I had no idea I’d end up a finalist. Mine starts with ‘As the gray sky weeps…’
Go cast your votes for your favorite Haiku before it’s too late.
Happy Valentine's Day
♥ 13 Things I Love ♥
1. I love Jesus who gave His life for me.
2. I love my husband who looks past my flaws (most of the time) and loves me for me.
3. I love my children who add so much wonder and excitement, love and acceptance to each day.
4. I love my dogs who are always happy to see me and are content to just be near me all day.
5. I love my cats who keep me humble.
6. I love nature for its beauty, inspiration and peace.
7. I love music which soothes the soul or gets you pumping.
8. I love books which open up new worlds an dallow you to escape the busyness of this one for a while.
9. I love photography because you capture snippets of life allowing you to live it over and over again.
10. I love friends because they show you that you are not alone.
11. I love blogging because you meet so many interesting people and get a peek into their lives.
12. I love relishing each moment of each day because that is living life to the fullest.
13. I love Valentine's Day because it's expected to be a little sappy and inspires your loved ones to be sappy with you.
If you want to join in Thursday Thirteen, click on the banner.